Let’s Play Cards!
No gym required, just your family and a bit of effort. You will need a deck of regular playing cards.
The intent is to help the family spend good time together by sweating together! Plus we’ll all get in a little shape. Please use modified positions just to complete the exercise if needed.
- Grab the deck of cards and choose the youngest person the shuffle it.
- Have the family stand in a small circle facing each other with the shuffled deck of cards in the middle.
- Have the 2nd youngest person pull the first card and show it to the group. Each card has a particular value to repetitions of an exercise. For example, a “3” card means we all have to do 3 repetitions for the exercise, an “8” card would mean 8 repetitions would have to be done. However if it’s a face card we all have to do 12 repetitions and aces are worth 15 repetitions.
- Whoever pulls the card picks the exercise and then the entire family does it together. You may pick from these exercises below:
- Air Squats
- Jumping Jacks
- Overhead arm claps
- Leg lifts
- Once the exercise is completed then the person on the left will repeat the card pull.
- See how many cards you can go through in 25 minutes, and challenge you self to be last time!